Thursday, February 10, 2011

Art 108: Project #1: My Line Sculpture

Line Sculpture




The whole idea behind this structure is using the element of line with a transparent "skin". We had to create a 3-D sculpture with a material that was see-through in order to see the lines beneath it. It was an interesting project, I definitely played with a few different ideas. However, the one I chose I think worked well. Below are the steps I went through in creating my sculpture. 



Method Behind the Madness

The wire "body"

I used 3 different kinds of copper wire for the body.



Second step, was to spray paint it one color. I chose silver, which my dad said looked like a satellite....





Adding the skin was a pain, but I used dryer sheets, and LOTS of rubber cement. I chose a simple design with lots of great lines. Unfortunately, my skin didn't play out very well. But I think I got the idea across enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment