Monday, February 21, 2011

Project #2: Transformation

Transformation


For this project the assignment was to use an everyday object and turn it into something different, something that wouldn't be normally expected. I was very excited about this project, and I had A LOT of ideas to choose from. But after some trial and error, I decided on the piece below entitled, "Need a Hand?". I love puns, and I've always wanted to incorporate that into an art project. 


Supplies: 
7 pairs of gloves (x2=14 gloves total)
Hot glue + gun 
Scissors 
Clothesline (for the ties)  
                                                                 Need a hand?
This is the bottom half, glued together. I used a 5, 4, 4, 3 pyramid pattern.

After I glued all the pieces together
And voila! It took about 4 hours to complete. Since it was a last minute design, I wasn't able to work on it in my lab. But thankfully I was able to get it done in time. 
A very handy design, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment