Sunday, March 6, 2011

Art 109: Shadow drawing

Drawing Project: Shadow

For my drawing project, I had to show depth through the use of shadow. I used two graphite pencils one, hard and medium. I found that the harder pencil was easiest to use for shadowing and details, while the medium pencil was easier to use for the beads and the major details. 


This is the subject I chose to draw, a sea shell and some beads. 


Halfway through the drawing. It was really hard to pull some of the details on the shell, and it was also hard to show depth with the shadows. I had to erase and redraw a few areas a couple times. 



Final work. I wasn't able to pull the shine from the shell, and I ended up pushing the shell back towards the wall after I drew it so I could show some sort of background. Overall, It was a fun project.

No comments:

Post a Comment