Friday, March 18, 2011

Artist Spotlight: Mel Robson

Mel Robson

I recently purchased a glass plate of Urban Outfitters the other day which reminds me a lot of this artwork. My plate, has an off center spiral that repeats the word, "Asshole". Mel Robson is a ceramic artist based in Brisbane, Australia who makes functional and non-functional objects out of porcelain.The ones below, feature a variety of designs, words and patterns. 



Ceramics is the media used, with various shapes and forms as well. I really love the colors and the designs chosen. It's not something one world expect on an everyday object like a bowl. The tick marks are especially fun (above). 







I love the bowl above. Robson has a series of bowls embellished with handwritten recipes from the women in her family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment